The first six years of a child’s life is extremely crucial to their growth. Here’s the good news! You don’t need to train your children on your own. When they become toddlers, you can enroll them at a Montessori school in Spring, Texas for them to be in a nurturing environment that supports their growth. But to keep you guided, here are the developmental milestones you should know about:
- 6 Months – Children learn to smile back, turn their head when called, respond to sounds, and sit on their own. They’ll also learn to love social play.
- 12 Months – Children learn how to shake their head, say no, wave, clap, and imitate. They’ll also learn to say their first words, which are basically just “mama” and “dada.”
- 2 Years – At 2 years old, children can already kick a ball, follow simple instructions, and walk. They can also use 2 to 4-word phrases to get what they want. You can also opt to look for child care programs in Texas to help you train them, especially in following instructions.
- 3 Years – At three years old, children begin to show affection to playmates, learn to talk in sentences with 4-5 words, and do a little bit of role play. To hone their social skills, you can find an educational environment that also provides social activities and enrichment programs for kids.
- 4 Years – At four years old, children are now capable of following three-step commands, use sentences with 5-6 words, and socialize.
Nurturing children is both a rewarding and challenging experience. If you’re a new parent, you can partner with Cypresswood Montessori School to ensure a peaceful environment where you can equip your kids with life skills.